Sunday, January 9, 2011

TrainBoy's First Reconciliation

Well, it may have taken an eon to finally get a date to stick, but TrainBoy had his First Reconciliation today after Mass and a quick potluck.

He did a great job as did the other kids in the group.

Sadly my husband wasn't able to make it due to the multiple reschedulings but he sent a letter for him to get after he came out of the sacrament. It was VERY touching.

I have to say that all of this has made me feel even more solidified in what we're doing. He did great. We were so proud of him.

And then the dreaded question came on the car ride home.

"Mom, what was YOUR First Reconciliation like?"

"umm...uh...umm...well....Mommy hasn't done hers yet."

"WHY?"

"ummm...uh....ummm...well...because I have to take more classes than you and my classes haven't started yet."

"When will you do it?"

"ummm...uh...ummm...well...when they tell me I can. I don't know."

"oh."

grrrrr

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*
    Just be truthful...
    that's the important part...
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete