Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My heart breaks

It is the evening that I first found out I would truly be able to become Catholic. This journey has taken 10 years to complete.

My heart breaks as the criticisms rush in from my non-Catholic "Christian" "friends".

"Christian" because I believed until tonight that we were to accept one another unconditionally in Christ's love for us regardless of what denomination of Christianity we belong to.

"Friends" because no one would treat a true friend like I have been treated.

I have told a total of 5 people about this. 1 knows it "very distant might happen". 1 knows it "is likely, but still on hold". 1 knows it "may very well happen". 2 (close Catholic friends) know it is definitely happening.

I have waited my whole adult life to be able to go to worship with my husband on one side and my son on the other. If NOTHING else that would be enough.

But it's so much more than that. So much deeper than that.

Tonight I was told by one of these people (the first 3) that there will be consequences for my decision.

Consequences for wanting a better relationship with Christ? Consequences for showing Godly submission to my spouse? Consequences for following the path He has planned for me?

I know I am on the right road and when on the right road we are subject to immense opposition. I just never thought it would come from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment