Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scalpels and Snow

My husband has just had knee surgery. Perhaps you are not familiar with this process but that takes him out of commission to do most things for 6-8 weeks, according to his doctor. This means that most of his “normal” duties have fallen on me.

With it being winter in Montana, these duties include things like clearing the snow from the driveway.

So today I’m out there with the snowblower trying to clear the snow from the driveway and the sludge from the end. In order to do this effectively, one must go INTO the road. My husband proceeds to come outside and yell at me to get out of the road because the neighbors needed to get by. Ummm….let me see.

My husband just had knee surgery. This, in the old days, was a cry for help. “Hi, DH is having knee surgery.” Means “I NEED help!!! Please just offer to do SOMETHING!”

You have a husband with a plow on the front of his truck – offer to clear the driveway. You have an oven and it’s the holidays, make me a few extra cookies so I can get that off my list. You have a teenage son who could help carry my Christmas tree up from the basement.

But do you offer?

No.

Because you are too busy with your own lives to do anything other than “offer to pray” and then gossip about me behind my back.

So you can sit in the middle of the road and wait 2 minutes while I figure out how to make the snowblower cut through the 18 inches of crud YOU left at the bottom of my driveway when you plowed out your driveway.

And don’t expect a Christmas Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment