Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Would Love to Say Something Profound...

...but I smell like a cheesy pine tree air freshener.

I will, however comment on tonight. Partially because it must be done - partially because it should be done - partially because I want to remember it.

If you have never attended an Easter Vigil in a Catholic Church, I highly recommend the experience. GO. And wear comfortable shoes.

The beauty of it all was breathtaking. The candlelight, the bonfire. It was really overwhelming to the senses. I almost wished I'd attended one before I had to be part of one so it wasn't so all encompassing.

What really hit me was the homily. Father Joe touched on several things but one portion in the 7 minutes really has stuck with me. He talked about how, just like Jesus, we need to get out of our own tombs and into the light. It couldn't have been more relevant. I was so grateful for those words.

I'd love to give you details of the actual ceremony portion of being confirmed...but beyond blushing, tripping, and my husband's steady hand on my shoulder, I don't remember very much.

Other than the fact that I smell like a cheesy pine tree air freshener from the oil.

The days to come will be filled with interesting musings on these various subjects, but for now, I'm going to sign off and find a way to get this smell off my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment